By visiting christianfocus.com, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described on this page.
Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by this website is controlled primarily by Clearly Brilliant Limited who have duly registered as a Data Controller with the UK's Information Comissioner. Clearly Brilliant Limited are a web development company Christian Focus Publications have engaged to deliver their website.
What Personal Information Is Gathered?
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. Payment card information is destroyed as soon as payment processing is completed. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of particular features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as processing your orders, responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses this website. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with the same quality of user experience if we cannot recognise you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
We use this information to pass order and payment details to agents responsible for order processing, to communicate with you about orders, products and promotional offers, to update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, to display content such as customer reviews and to recommend merchandise that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and platform, and to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website.
More About Cookies
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide helpful features such as remembering the contents of your shopping basket between visits.
- The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of our most useful features and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer. You can sign off from Your Account.
What Information is Shared, and With Whom?
We will never share your information with anyone without your consent unless we are required to do so by law, we do so in order to supply services you have requested through this website such as ordering products, sending feedback, or subscribing to promotional email services, or Christian Focus Publications transfer their website business to another supplier. We rely on Christian Focus Publications to fulfill product orders placed through this website and to process payments for such orders, and so do transfer payment, address, and order information to them for this purpose.
How Secure is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of key information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. We destoy all records of your credit card number once order processing is completed.
- We maintain physical and electronic safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer. You can sign off from Your Account.