The end of June is just around the corner and we're ready to host our next giveaway on the Christian Focus BookNotes blog. This month we are giving away David Brainerd: A Love for the Lost by Brian Cosby.
Life on the American frontier in the early 1700s was very difficult - continually threatened by disease, attack, and brutally cold winters. The English and Native Americans lived side by side, which often led to conflict. David Brainerd arose as a compassionate and fearless missionary to the various Indian tribes in America. Riding on his horse across rivers, over mountains, and through towns, Brainerd carried the gospel of Jesus Christ to the lost, the hurting, and the broken. Notable pastors and missionaries like John Wesley, William Carey, Adoniram Judson and Jim Elliot were all influenced by the life, passion, and dedication of David Brainerd. In this book, Brian Cosby takes the reader on a journey from Brainerd's teenage years on the farm to his expulsion from Yale; from preaching on the frontier to his death in his late 20s. The reader will be encouraged, inspired, and challenged by the perseverance and single-minded devotion of the early American missionary to the Indians, David Brainerd.
To enter the contest, answer the following questions in the "Leave a Comment" section for this post:
- Which historic figure from Christian history inspires and influences you most? What is it about their life that you find so compelling?
Terms and Conditions:
- This contest is limited to residents of the 48 state continental United States and the UK.
- Contestants may submit one entry as outlined under contest details.
- We are awarding two prizes in the June book giveaway. Each winner will receive 1 copy of the book.
- The contest will run through end of day June 30, 2011.
- Winners will be announced July 1, 2011.
This giveaway is now closed. The Winners are: