The world’s view of marriage can often be very different to what the Bible says. But who is right, and who should we listen to? From a very young age, children are confronted with and can be confused by these conflicts. This hardback, illustrated title helps to explain the beauties of God’s plan for marriage to children of any age, introducing them to a different, counter–cultural way of viewing these aspects of life and faith.
The main points are:
- Marriage, like everything from the heart of God, is good
- Marriage isn’t only about love – it is a sacred promise
- Laws in different countries say different things about marriage – but God’s law is best
- Because people are sinful, marriages can sometimes turn ugly and painful
- God says marriage is between one man and one women
- A biblical marriage is a picture of the love Christ has for His Church
The end of the book includes a prayer a child can pray, and a letter to parents from the author, where she encourages them to share the truth about God’s plan for marriage with their children while they are still young.
Each page has beautiful full colour illustrations showing marriages and families of all ages.
Suitable for reading to children who are aged 4–6, and children aged 7–9 would be able to read it for themselves.
About Jani Ortlund
Jani Ortlund is the Executive Vice President of Renewal Ministries. Serving Jesus Christ through writing, speaking and discipling are her chief passions in life. Jani and Ray, Pastor of Immanuel Church, have four married children and twelve grandchildren, and minister in Nashville, Tennessee.