Through the joys and sorrows of life, we can often lose sight of what the Bible has assured us: we are at war, and must be ready, continually standing firm against the world, the Devil and even our own flesh. The Perpetual Battle is a training manual, helping us know our enemy and understand what it means to live in enemy–occupied territory as we learn to fight the good fight.
Helpfully split into three sections, this book addresses each of these things against which we struggle as we strive to live godly lives.
Chapter headings include:
- Section One: The Devil
- Fighting the Devil with the Sword of God’s Word
- A Puritan Perspective on Putting on the Armour
- Wartime Letters by C. S. Lewis
- How can I be Equipped to do Battle with the Devil
- Section Two: The Flesh
- The Fight against the Flesh
- The Chaplain to the King’s Army
- How can I Win the Fight against the Flesh?
- Section Three: The World
- What’s Wrong with our World?
- Fellows in the Fight
- How do I Make a World of Difference?
Grounded in Biblical truth, this book offers practical help to those struggling in the fight, and is a valuable reminder to Christians of all ages.
About Simon Vibert
Simon Vibert is Vicar of Christ Church, Virginia Water, Surray. Prior to that he was Vice Principal and Director of the School of Preaching at Wycliffe Hall, Oxford. He studied in the USA, taught at Bible School in Haiti and is Chairman of Fellowship of Word & Spirit in Southwark Diocese. Simon is a preaching facilitator with Langham Partnership and is married with 3 children.